Your Interior Design Source for

Your Interior Design Source for
FINE LIVING LIFESTYLES

Monday, May 17, 2010

Classic Summer Entertaining

Are you getting excited with the sun popping through our windows earlier and earlier every day? I am. I can't help but get ants in my pants thinking about the masses of friends and family about to pass through our home this summer season! As I reflect on the occasions I can make up as excuses to entertain, I also reflect on my outdoor entertaining space!

Unlike many other homes in our MidWest neighborhood, our home runs the depth of the lot, not the width, therefore leaving us with little, rather let's be honest, no backyard. Our side yard, if you call it that is approximately fifteen feet wide running the alongside the length of the house. Hardly any practicality of space other than an utopic weed-breeding nation and random mines of dog droppings.

Since I have little option for my children's entertainment in such a small plot, we're opting to create the ultimate outdoor living space. This is to include an outdoor kitchen, lounge area, dining area and firepit/chimnea location. Sounds like a lot right? Not really when done right. I anticipate adding on approximately 750 square feet of living space that everyone can enjoy!

The key you see is form AND function. Something J.B.I.A., LLC believes and knows quite a bit about. Stay tuned as I bring you regular updates with the development of this space.

Are you in need of help with your outdoor space? My expertise is available to you, if you so please, J.B.I.A., LLC. Is anyone out there reading this?

No comments:

Post a Comment